Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life goes on...

Yeah...

I've been drawing a lot more, but you know what I've been doing even more than drawing? I've been PLAYING der PIANO!

Ask Rafiki if you don't believe me, he's been suffering this whole time. See, it all started when one day yonina decided to take up playing Shadow of the Collosus again. We got this demo for it like six years ago. So I looked up some footage of the game on youtube, and guess what I found? This game has an AMAZING soundtrack! Because there's little to no dialouge, most of the game is expressed through music. Needless to say, this lead to an epic sheet music hunt, which was rewarded with a bounty of goods. Now I've been printing, scribbling, and playing all day and night. Unforutnately, these amazing songs cannot be mastered overnight, so I've been practicing the same parts over and over until my fingers memorize them...

This can be difficult for my siblings to bear sometimes but trust me! It'll be worth it in the end!

So, other than the sheet music crave, life's been pretty normal...I clean the kitchen in the mornings (sometimes), I play music for most of the afternoon, and also like to draw...Then we eat supper, I go out for a walk, most of the time with my best friend...sometimes we spend the rest of the day till dark at her house, or we go back to mine...Then I spend the rest of the night with AC. Yeah..

Summer vacation ROX!!! I WANT MORE OF THIS AWESOME!!!

But....

To some people, simpy enjoying the summer away from school isn't enough. My mom, for one, is NOT happy that I'm not doing anything. Personally, I'm really happy that now I have all the time in the world to spend on art and music, but she has a point. I've looked for a job though, and no one would hire me...And I mean...I don't really NEED one right now, right? What would I do, anyway? One or two of my friends is doing a camp, like for kindergarteners, a lot of them go away to summer camp for two or three months....

Plus, once I get to high school in September, my free time will be cut a few hours short, won't it.

Meh. I dunno. I'm happy with where I am now. And I goes to the Holy land in August! Ain't that great? I've been watching movies in hebrew lately so I can get used to listening to conversational hebrew...

Don't forgit to check out my devie profile! It's been booming.

Inhaling the essence of success,
iguana VuV

10 comments:

  1. first of all, u gotta link me to ur profile. also note - a LOT of my art is posted on facebook, now that we're friends you can look at my art folders in my photos - there's some neat recent stuff. second i think its so cool how much music and art you do! dont ever get bored of it, its a good use of your time! focus on always stretching your limit and drawin things that u find difficult or can't seem to get right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuh, that's whut i do. Although most of the time to get there, I go on deviantart and study something doubleleaf's drawn very very carefully. Then I try to do it myself...Doubleleaf's my idol- her work is amazing...

    Yeah, i don't get the whole facebook hype. I still don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elanzio, we still need to see Toy Story 3 :]
    The only thing is, I am gonna be busy all day Sunday. Nechama and I are going up to Waukegan and babysitting our little cousins. And I might be in Waukegan until early Monday morning... Monday, from 12-2 I will be at the Humane Society and doing some volunteer stuff. BTW, maybe you can do that?! Volunteer, I mean. You have to be 13 and older to volunteer on your own in the Wildlife department. So, if birds and stuff are an interest of yours, you should look into that. And then Tuesday, I'm going to the place that I despise the most *scary music playing in the background* T.A.M. (I'm seeing my former Vice Principal and going over some Dog Obedience stuff.) So, basically, after those times, or like Wednesday (Wednesday we WOULD need a ride from you... Mom and Dad are bring my Bro to Camp...) or Thursday I'm available, and Nechama should also be available then.... SO yeah... EMAIL ME... either my gmail or hotmail (I am now checking both >.>) And let me know YOUR thoughts!!! If not, I will find you..... someway or another. I have your child as a reliable source. On a different note, am I still going to Israel with you? ^^ Because I will like totally pay for my own ticket... somehow and then we could like .... buy an apartment :/ and never come back ;) But, sadly, that won't really work >.< Ah wells.
    Have a GREAT weekend and Shabbos, both you and Kovi.

    Oh, and one last thing, KEEP GALID SHALIT in mind :) Today is his fourth year still being imprisoned by those darn Terrorists.

    Speak to you later.
    x~*~. Chaikers x~*~.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the whole fb hype doesn't really apply to u yet, iguana. when you get to be my age you have friends from back home, friends from hi school, friends from yeshiva, friends from college, and random ppl you met all over, and it comes out to hundreds of people who, if not for facebook, you would never keep up with just because you don't have the time to. it means any time you WANT to catch up with one of those people, all you have to do is go to their profile page and see what theyve been up to, leave them a casual message or something.
    also makes it easy to share whatever you want with your immediate friends, - art, links to funny articles or videos, event's you're planning or looing for ppl to come with you to.
    the reason I was excited about you getting facebook is because if you actually use it, it makes it easier for me to keep up with you. to me, you're one of those people back home who it's otherwise difficult to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But...you've got my blog for that.

    Elana's blog is all Elana, all the time. I don't need to share with nobody!!! |:<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right, but thats the same thing as saying "but you could call me!"
    True, I could. If I have time, and remember to check it, which i generally dont. fb just organizes it so that i know when you write something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elanzio, I had the weirdest dream last night, and for some odd reason you were in it ... :/
    STAY OUTTA MI DWEAMZ!!!! haha, I mean.. please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elana! Your constant piano playing will bring troubles to the other person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get lost- we don't want your kind here. >:\

    ReplyDelete